Tuesday, June 13, 2006

kicks


route 66 has been a fascination of mine for quite some time...over the years I have wandered a few miles here and there, but last year I finally got the chance to do it all, almost twice...it started in march 2005 when I offered to deliver a friend's car to phoenix (from chicago)...that got me approximately 75% of the way (chicago to flagstaff)...then in july, I was able to do the entire 2448 miles from chicago to los angeles...for anyone who has contemplated this trip, it is amazing and one I would encourage you to make the time to take...while much has been lost, there is still nothing like it...the good news is that with all the renewed interest in route 66, some almost lost icons are getting another well deserved chance at survival...

"cars" the new pixar animated film from disney revisits the old route and will surely create even more interest...here are a few images from my travels...all my images are for sale, so if you have an interest, please contact me...

art deco conoco station, shamrock, tx


launching pad restaurant, wilmington, il



sleep in a wigwam, wigwam motel, holbrook, az


buick super, williams, az

No comments: